Happy birthday Prince George!
HRH will be five years old Sunday; it’s believed his party will take place on the island of Mustique in the Caribbean, where the Cambridge and Middleton families are vacationing. Kensington Palace released an official birthday photo to mark the occasion. It was taken at Clarence House after Prince Louis’s christening. The photographer is Matt Porteous; he took this image of the Duchess and Prince Louis.
Mr.Porteous was also the photographer for George’s third birthday photos.
This is a very quick video showing a few highlights of the past year.
Prince George will celebrate his 5th birthday this Sunday and is completely unaware he is the future king. pic.twitter.com/uzDDqJwaDb
— Sunrise (@sunriseon7) July 21, 2018
Looking at previous birthday pictures offers a view of how much the Prince has changed over the years.
- 1st birthday: the 1st birthday photos were taken by John Stillwell at the Natural History Museum
- 2nd birthday: this image was shot by Mario Testino after Princess Charlotte’s christening
- 3rd birthday: a series of photographs taken by Matt Porteous showed the young Prince at Anmer Hall
- 4th birthday: this image was taken by Chris Jackson at Kensington Palace in June 2016
- 5th birthday: as noted, the official photo for George’s 5th birthday was shot by Matt Porteous at Clarence House
And here is a quick look at how the Prince has grown! Some are official photos, others merely taken close to George’s birthday.
For detailed information on what Prince George is wearing in the new photo, read our original post here.
In honor of the Prince’s birthday, the Royal Mint has issued a commemorative coin. There is a range of items honoring the 5th Birthday of HRH Prince George of Cambridge. All of the coins have the image of St. George and the dragon on one side, and a likeness of HM on the other side. There is an uncirculated £5 coin (£13). A look at the inside of the foldout display card seen above.
A £5 sterling coin is also offered (£82.50).
The Mint ships internationally, with fees starting at £14.
- The Daily Telegraph’s story is here; Rebecca English’s lengthy profile of HRH for The Daily Mail is here; a separate photo-laden Daily Mail article is here; The Sun’s piece is here; an ITV story is here; The Mirror’s piece is here
- The Sun has a really nice retrospective gallery here; People offers several photos in this story from Erin Hill